Saturday, June 20, 2009

Rant

SIDE NOTE: I do realize that some people grew up with much stricter parents and harsh rules. But my upbringing was pretty lax, and my parents didn't enforce a lot of rules. I have been an extremely independent person for a while so when my mother tries to enforce rules when I'm 21 home for three months doesn't go over well with me. Just saying.


I do believe my mother is queen of paranoia/craziness. I told her days ago that I would in fact be going out last night. There was a DJ that I wanted to see, and to try and avoid her judgement and disapproval, I told her early this week. I did go out last night, admittedly spent too much money, and stayed at a girlfriends house. I woke up early, went home, changed and made myself presentable for work. As I'm leaving, she says "I don't like you staying out all night, it makes me uncomfortable." I reply, "Mom, I stayed at [girlfriends name]." "Oh, that's ok." THEN, as I'm leaving she says "you might want to pop a breath mint, you smell, you know, like alcohol." Now, I am aware of the fact that when you drink a massive amount of liquor it will be released through your pores and you will smell like alcohol. But I do not believe that was the case today. I drank one shot of liquor last night, and had beers. Before leaving, I doused myself in perfume and brushed my teeth. But then again, this is the mother who claimed my sister was drinking booze in the morning because she rinsed with mouthwash. ANYWAYS, due to the fact that I was early for work, did not complain, and have to work an 11 hour day, I don't think I am the booze hound/crack addict/hooker that my mom believes me to be.

No comments: